marți, 12 mai 2015

Ceva diferit ...

Technically, I'm a Millennial as well.  But just barely.  Cut off between Gen-Xers and Millennials is 1981.  I'm '64.  Those of us between '47 and '84 got caught between the markers of two generations. We're the last to know of the world before Internet and adaptable enough to understand the new world with the Internet.  My advantage is being able to understand both sides of the older crowd who know something was lost with the constant connection but know that the Millennials don't know what it is and simply that the world has changed and the digital component of life is still being absorbed into our lifestyle.  The digital universe doesn't have to mark the end, it's more of the energy crisis and the political paralysis that's doing that.   I might ask who shoved an iPhone and an iPad at their kids to get some quiet time, by the way.  Somehow it's youths' fault that their parents bought gadgets for them so they could have free time back.  It's almost as if these people believe they would have resisted the technology if it had been available to them when they were younger.  Or as if they're immune to it now when I spot just as many older people addicted to their phones and iPads.   The hypocrisy of the baby-boomer generation defies comprehension, to me.  But there I go grouping them all together, you see?  It's way too easy to do.  But I know what happened to those who stuck it out with the idealism of the 60s, the rest of their generation took a steaming dump on them for "not growing up" ever.   Can't tell you how many times I've seen the idealistic baby-boomers get marginalized for not leaving the 60s in the past (in terms of the idealism).

Niciun comentariu: